One of the most critical areas of leadership involves an understanding of confidentiality. While there is an application to all Christians, leaders must know how to keep something in confidence.
While several thoughts stand out when thinking about confidentiality and the benefit to leadership, leaders should always remember that confidentiality speaks to a sacred trust. Followers need to know they can place their feelings, their very lives, into the hands of someone they trust.
1) When leaders keep confidentiality, relationships are built with resilience of character.
2) The ability to keep something in confidence makes leaders approachable.
3) The value of keeping a confidence strengthens the bond of relationships.
4) Confidentiality is a privilege that provides guidelines for developing greater leadership.
5) Keeping a confidence grows a more Christlike character.
Confidentiality is critical for leaders. They must guard what has been placed into their sacred trust. When they do, the resulting development of character builds a leadership worth following.