Two of the most unused, yet the most needed and powerful words are “thank you.” To be thankful and to express appreciation are descriptive of what is needed in leadership.
The primary purpose is not to spend the entire post focused on areas for which leaders should be thankful, but rather to consider why leaders should be thankful.
Leaders should be thankful because…
1) God has placed them in this position to glorify Him.
2) The opportunity to influence others for the Lord is the greatest task on earth.
3) Hope is the message provided through godly leaders.
4) Others are trusting in leaders to show them the way.
5) Leadership is making a difference on an eternal scale.
More answers could be provided if space and time allowed, but suffice it to say that leaders must recognize why they should be thankful as much as understanding what we are thankful for and the need to show gratitude.
Our God is great. Let us thank Him who has given us leaders!